Got some notes to pass along, including a bunch of chain reaction roster moves:
- In case you missed it earlier, the Yankees called up RHP Luis Severino, RHP Nick Goody, RHP Kirby Yates, UTIL Rob Refsnyder, OF Eric Young Jr., and RHP Jonathan Holder earlier today as their first round of September call-ups.
- RHP Matt Wotherspoon, RHP J.R. Graham, RHP Mark Montgomery, UTIL Jose Rosario, and OF Mark Payton were all bumped up from Double-A Trenton to Triple-A Scranton, reports Matt Kardos. They’ll fill-in for the September call-ups.
- LHP Justus Sheffield, RHP Matt Marsh, and RHP Eric Ruth were promoted from High-A Tampa to Trenton, the team announced. The Sheffield move was reported Wednesday, but now it’s official.
- RHP Domingo German was activated off the High-A DL and both OF Tito Polo and LHP Stephen Tarpley have officially been added to the Tampa roster, the team announced. Polo and Tarpley came over as the players to be named later in the Ivan Nova trade a few days ago.
- Holder, meanwhile, claimed the top spot in the final Prospect Hot Sheet of the regular season. That’s what happens when you strike out 12 batters during a four-inning postseason-clinching save. Quite a week for Holder.
- And finally, 2B Nick Solak made Baseball America’s Prospect Team of the Month for August, so congrats to him.
Triple-A Scranton (2-1 win over Buffalo, walk-off style) their season ends Monday … they’ve already clinched a postseason spot
- CF Mason Williams: 0-3, 1 RBI — drove in the game-tying run with a sac fly in the eighth
- RF Mark Payton: 1-3, 1 BB, 1 SB — threw a runner out at the plate in his Triple-A debut
- 3B Donovan Solano: 1-4, 2 K
- 1B Chris Parmelee: 1-3, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — walk-off home run
- C Kyle Higashioka: 0-3, 2 K
- LF Jake Cave: 0-3, 1 K
- RHP Bryan Mitchell: 5.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 K, 1 HB, 7/2 GB/FB — 57 of 91 pitches were strikes (63%) … so does he make Chad Green‘s start in five days?
- LHP James Pazos: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 1/0 GB/FB — seven pitches, four strikes
- RHP Gio Gallegos: 2 IP, zeroes, 4 K, 1/1 GB/FB — 17 of 27 pitches were strikes (63%) … 103/17 K/B in 75.2 innings
- RHP J.R. Graham: 1 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 0/1 GB/FB — eight of ten pitches were strikes