Record Last Week: 4-3 (21 RS, 21 RA)
Season Record: 86-69 (741 RS, 651 RA, 87-68 pythag. record) 4.0 GB in ALE, 5.0 games up on WC spot
Opponents This Week: vs. Red Sox (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), @ Orioles (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three important games in Toronto. The Yankees had no answer for David Price in Monday’s 4-2 loss, but Greg Bird‘s extra innings homer led to Tuesday’s 6-4 win. The AL East race pretty much ended with Wednesday’s 4-0 loss.
- The White Sox came to the Bronx for a four-game series next, and Carlos Beltran‘s homer led to Thursday’s 3-2 win. The Yankees grounded into all the double plays in Friday’s 5-2 loss, then two runs were enough in Saturday’s 2-1 win. The offense broke out late in Sunday’s 6-1 win.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (hamstring) threw a bullpen session, but there is still no firm timetable for his return. Nathan Eovaldi (elbow) has started playing catch. Ian Clarkin (elbow) will pitch in Instructional League and then the Arizona Fall League. Eric Jagielo (knee) was replaced by Tyler Austin on the AzFL roster.
- Jorge Mateo may play second base in Instructional League. Wilkerman Garcia, Hoy Jun Park, Domingo Acevedo, Jhalan Jackson, and Kyle Holder all appeared in Baseball America’s league top 20 prospect lists.
- The Yankees called the Athletics about third baseman Josh Donaldson last offseason but were told he wasn’t available.
- Hall of Famer Yogi Berra passed away at age 90.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?