Record Last Week: 4-4 (47 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 62-33 (493 RS, 362 RA, 61-34 expected record)
Schedule This Week: All-Star break (Mon. to Thurs.); Three games vs. Mets (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with four games in three days in Baltimore. As for Monday’s doubleheader, the Yankees lost 5-4 in the first game and rebounded for a 10-2 win in the second game. A winnable game slipped away in Tuesday’s 6-5 loss, but the Yankees were able to split the series with a 9-0 win Wednesday.
- A four-game series in Cleveland was next. The Yankees rallied late for a 7-4 win Thursday, couldn’t come back in Friday’s 6-5 loss, outlasted the Indians in Saturday’s 5-4 win, then lost a battle of the bullpens in Sunday’s 5-2 loss.
- Injury Updates: Gary Sanchez (groin) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Gleyber Torres (hip) is expected to begin a rehab assignment this coming weekend. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, hip, foot, back) is not close to resuming baseball activities. Estevan Florial (wrist) is on a rehab assignment. Dillon Tate (quad) was placed on the minor league disabled list.
- The Yankees have been connected to Manny Machado in advance of the trade deadline. They’re also said to have interest in Nathan Eovaldi, Brad Hand, Mike Moustakas, and Zack Wheeler.
- Once the 2018-19 signing period opened, the Yankees signed several touted international prospects, including Cuban righty Osiel Rodriguez and Dominican outfielder Kevin Alcantara.
- Luis Cessa, Gio Gallegos, David Hale, and Brandon Drury were involved in up-and-down moves.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.