Record Last Week: 1-1 (12 RS, 13 RA)
Season Record: 63-34 (505 RS, 375 RA, 61-36 expected record), 5.0 GB in ALE, +7.5 GU for WC spot
Schedule This Week: Three games at Rays (Mon. to Weds.); Four games vs. Royals (Thurs. vs. Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with the All-Star break. Aaron Judge took Max Scherzer took in the All-Star Game and Luis Severino tossed a scoreless inning. The American League won for the sixth straight year, which is meaningless, because homefield advantage in the World Series is no longer tied to the All-Star Game.
- The second half started with a weekend series against the Mets. The Yankees stranded a small army of runners in Friday’s 7-5 loss, and they avoided a ninth inning meltdown in Saturday’s 7-6 win. Yesterday’s finale was rained out.
- Injury Updates: Clint Frazier (head) is back in the league’s concussion protocol after attempting a diving catch in Triple-A.
- Gary Sanchez was activated off the disabled list and Frazier, Domingo Acevedo, Gio Gallegos, Kyle Higashioka, and Brandon Drury were involved in up-and-down moves last week.
- Two potential trade targets came off the board: Manny Machado was traded to the Dodgers and Brad Hand went to the Indians. The Yankees have interest in Andrew Heaney and Tyler Skaggs.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.