2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- With Spring Training not too far away, the Yankees started to fill out the edges of their roster by signing Reid Gorecki, Royce Ring, and David Winfree to minor league contracts.
- In what is nothing more than a procedural move, both Chad Gaudin and Boone Logan filed for arbitration.
- On the left field front, there’s some mutual interest between the Yanks and Rocco Baldelli. The Braves still have some interest in Johnny Damon, and it sounds like the Yanks only have $2M to spend on a left field upgrade.
- Back when he was still on the market, the Yankees tried to get Roy Halladay by offering Jesus Montero straight up.
- A committee is being put together to start implementing some major changes to the draft, and the Yanks were ordered to pay a former executive almost $700,000 in a law suit.
- The YES Network continues to dominate the ratings.
- The lower level of the Old Stadium is gone.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the new and improved Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.