2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- Three potential leftfield options came off the board last week, as Jason Bay agreed to terms with the Mets, Marlon Byrd landed in Chicago, and Mark DeRosa headed to San Francisco. Lots of other options appear to be too pricey, and it’s not a given that they’ll improve the team much anyway. A tight budget this year could lead to big spending next year.
- The non-tendered Chien-Ming Wang hasn’t ruled out a return to pinstripes.
- Righthander Jose Ramirez was named the Short Season Pitcher of the Year, though fellow prospect Brandon Laird was arrested in Phoenix.
- Rumblings of a potential NHL Winter Classic in the New Yankee Stadium are getting louder.
- David Cone is out as a broadcaster at YES.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.