Jan

Fan Confidence Poll: January 4th, 2010

2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Stryker says:

nothing’s really changed since last week. still at a 9 for now; glad we weren’t the ones that signed jason bay to a 4 year deal.

2. Jake H says:

9 for me still. Yanks have top 5 rotations and the best lineup in the game. Not worried at all.

3. Evil Empire says:

Confidence level remains at a 10, would be an 11 (or 28) if I could vote so.

• Evilest Empire says:

(name change)

• Mike Axisa says:

So wait, I’m confused. We have two Evil Empires now? One’s “The Evil Empire,” and you’re “Evilest Empire?”

• Evilest Empire says:

Yeah. There’s a guy called “The Evil Empire”, who doesn’t post as much as me but he’s cool.

And then I’ve been using the handle “Evil Empire” since I started posting on RAB again, which was around when the ALCS started. But I changed it over the weekend to “Evilest Empire” so as make highlight the difference. Maybe I need to add an “AKA” to my name.

• I’m freaking out, man.

• Scooter says:

Seems apropos:
          Jerry: Oh you’re crazy.
          Kramer: Am I? Or am I so sane that you just blew your mind?

Put me down at 9.9999 – Reed Johnson’s worth the other 0.0001 when he signs up to be Gritner’s caddy

And we’re rapidly approaching Little Melmas

4. Jersey says:

Voting 10 in ’10. The more I think about this offseason, the more I love love love it.

5. Riddering says:

Confidence level for the team = 10.

Confidence level for a quality YES booth throughout the year = 4.

• Evilest Empire says:

Michael Kay will have to carry the booth the way A-Rod carried the Yankees in 2007.

• Riddering says:

Knowing Kay, he might just jump ahead and mirror A-Rod’s 2007 postseason performance.

• Evilest Empire says:

Heh.

I hope Michael Kay really brings his A-game to the 2010 season. I want crazy, messed up stories that he heard in private from veterans. I want him to push FIP, UZR, and OPS+ onto the masses. I want him to call John Flaherty a boring SOB who would be more interesting if he came to work drunk like a proper Irishman.

Sigh. If only.

6. Bob Stone says:

I voted 9 again. I can’t wait for spring training to start. I am looking forward to some pleasant surprises from some of the minor leaguers that are invited to camp.

• Evilest Empire says:

Agreed, Bob.

Chad Jennings from LoHud made some remarks about Romulo Sanchez last night, he’s a guy I’ll be keeping my eye on. I really hope Melancon is ready to rock and roll too, he could end up being a huge piece in 2010.

In terms of position players, it’ll be fun to see if Frankie C. keeps working on his BB rate, and to see just what Hoffmann can do.

7. Christos says:

im gonna miss the singleton and cone broadcasts

8. Mike Pop says:

Voted a 9. The improved current team makes up for the hit the farm took in my opinion. I’m really sad to see the Viz go but I know that trade was a must make.

Just have to improve that farm, signing Aroldis Chapman would be a big plus.

/mryankee’d

9. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

Standing steady at a 10. I haven’t changed since last April, so why change now. Going to miss Hideki, but I’m still holding out hope for Johnny and Chein-Ming to come back into the fold.

• ecksodia says:

Seconded. I know it’s a bit much to expect Wang to replicate his pre-injury performance levels, but even 75% of those numbers for the amount of money he will sign for would be great.

10. beantownyankees73 says:

Are there really people on this site that have a confidence level less then 5 ? are these just trolls being Dbags?

11. Short Porch says:

Who are these trolls that come in anywhere between 1-5?

• DRU says:

Come on man, you know they’re just doing it on purpose. Coming off a WS win, adding Vaz, NO MORE JOBA RULES, getting a healthy Arod for a full year, adding a dynamic playmaker like Granderson, having depth in the rotation with Hughes ready and McAllister starting at AAA this year, adding the #3 OBP guy of 2009 ( only Pujols and Mauer had better OBP in 2009 ) in Johnson, having a absolute STUD in Montero starting the year at AAA. How can people not feel 9 or 10 at this point?

BTW – I voted 10

• Cashman did trade a short season ace-type pitcher who at any time could hit the proverbial wall, but is entirely likely to be a lazier Roger Clemens.

And for what? Javier Vazquez? My selective memory totally remembers his playoff implosion.

4.2

• Bob Stone says:

You’re being generous. Why would anyone even be at 6 or 7 at this point?

12. DRU says:

Oh Bob, do you think Im going to fall for that weak @ss trap?

If any Yankee fan doesn’t feel 8+ at this point, they have issues. That would mean that NO team in the league has anything above 7. Go become a Pirates fan for a year and then come back when you grow up and learned your lesson…shame on any real Yankee fans who voted less than 8.

• Stryker says:

it’s hard to believe, but i can see it. i’m sure there’s plenty of yankees fans who remember (selectively, of course) javy vazquez and nick johnson and how they didn’t do much to help the team before being shipped out of NY. the organization’s depth also is very thin at the upper levels, especially since the yankees traded 4 pitchers, and 2 outfielders — all but two of those six have seen the major leagues and one of the two was most likely

granted, on talent and current contributions alone i’d take acquiring curtis granderson over retaining austin jackson any day. it just hurts a bit that the yankees are in a tight spot if there are injuries to the outfield.