Fan Confidence Poll: September 24th, 2012By
Record Last Week: 5-1 (32 RS, 25 RA)
Season Record: 88-64 (736 RS, 632 RA, 87-65 pythag. record), 1.0 game up in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ Twins (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Blue Jays (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees had Monday off, then rain postponed Tuesday’s series opener against the Blue Jays. Andy Pettitte returned to the rotation and pitched the Yankees to a win in the first game of Wednesday’s doubleheader, then Ichiro Suzuki got the big hit in the nightcap. Ichiro and Nick Swisher pounded the Jays in the series finale.
- The Athletics came to the Bronx for a three-game weekend set, and the Yankees took the opener on a Russell Martin walk-off homer. They mounted a big extra innings comeback the next day for another walk-off win, but couldn’t finish off the sweep in yesterday’s loss.
- Injury News: Mark Teixeira (calf) has resumed baseball activities and will head to Instructional League to continue rehabbing today. Brett Gardner (elbow) will come off the DL to pinch-run/play defense at some point. David Aardsma (elbow) may still join the team this year while Pedro Feliciano (shoulder) will not. Dellin Betances (shoulder) was placed on the 60-day DL to accommodate Pettitte.
- Derek Jeter spoke about potentially playing for another team and owning a club in the future. Long-time pitching guru Billy Connors was relieved of his duties. The Yankees are reportedly “very interested” in impending free agent outfielder Cody Ross.
- MLB is nearing long-term deals with FOX and TBS that will put a lot more money in each team’s pocket. Mark Teixeira was the Yankees’ nomination for the 2012 Roberto Clemente Award.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)