Mar

Fan Confidence Poll: March 17th, 2014

Spring Training Record: 10-9-2 (93 RS, 78 RA)
Spring Training Games This Week: @ Pirates (Mon.), vs. Red Sox (Tues. on YES, ESPN), @ Braves (Weds.), @ Red Sox (Thurs. on YES, ESPN), vs. Pirates (Fri. on MLBN), @ Twins (Sat.), vs. Blue Jays (Sun. on YES, MLB)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

Categories : Polls

1. OB/GYN Kenobi says:

5 and trending higher, though the site isn’t letting me vote (it immediately shows me results without a prompt to vote).

The site: Russian interference and intimidation

Voting 5: a vote for the Crimea to remain part of the Ukraine

• Eddardo Nuney says:

If Crimea votes to be part of Russia then that should be just fine with us. I don’t understand what the big deal is with this crisis, this is a Russia/EU problem not U.S. It’d be like if there was unrest in Canada or Mexico and we intervened, and we would intervene in our national interests, but then Russia swooped in and said just what do you think you’re doing intervening in a country on your border?

• Yankee$ (Formerly Pseudoyanks) says:

I voted 7.
      Better dead than red.

2. Eddardo Nuney says:

We’re still at a 10. People are severely underrating this ballclub. They’ve made major upgrades throughout the OF, DH, C and of course the upgrades at 1B and SS with the return of Teixera and Jete. Rotation is much better with Tanaka, Nova is primed for a great season and CC seems to be back to his old self. They need to manage Hiroki’s innings better. Use that young pitching depth to spell these guys and rest them for when it matters.

3. Jorge Steinbrenner says:

Still at last week’s 8. A lot of really good stuff going on as the spring progresses. Tanaka and Pineda look great. Betances appears to be really showing himself to finally be a legit MLB option. We may actually put some sort of respectable infield out there. Hearing about CC looking sharp yesterday, even with a diminished fastball, is a very good thing.

While some of the higher-profile younger guys haven’t looked sharp and/or even able to play and, really, Banuelos gets the biggest pass ever there, guys like Shane Greene and Bryan Mitchell have looked good in very limited duty. We’ll see where that all plays out moving forward, but 2014? I continue to like what I see thus far.

4. Darren says:

7. Thanks for the reminder, Jacoby. Let’s not go trading Ichiro for a bag of balls just yet, mmkay?

• OB/GYN Kenobi says:

It’s funny. Two days ago I was posting that the best thing about ST thus far was that there hadn’t yet been any injuries.

His may be minor, but still.

5. I'm One says:

When (if) I can vote today, I’ll be at a 7. I’m getting the same thing as OB/GYN Kenobi, where I’m immediately shown the results with no option to submit my vote.

As far as Ellsbury goes, this isn’t like one of his previous major injuries. Those were fluke things. However, it does go to show that there will always be minor nagging injuries and therefore depth is a good thing.

6. Farewell Mo says:

I’m extra happy since I had my fantasy draft (AL only 8 team 5×5 league) and landed Tanaka, Kuroda, Robertson and Kelly Johnson. Usually I end up with no Yankees since they tend to be drafted too early but this year worked out well.

• Chip Rodriguez says:

Nice. I ended up getting McCann, Tanaka and Ellsbury in my draft this weekend. All the more reason for me to be optimistic.

7. Hovering at an 8 right now, but perhaps that’s really a 7 with some pre-opening day excitement turning into optimism. i am really, really excited for what Tanaka brings to the table. It’s probably what I’m most looking forward to this year. Also looking forward to seeing the other new additions, but most definitely McCann and Ellsbury. Lastly, excited to see what Pineda can do.

On the negative side – Extremely concerned about the infield. This unit could end up being in the bottom 3 in baseball. So many question marks. Kelly Johnson is a marginal everyday player. He’s useful but nothing to get excited about. Brian Roberts may not be healthy, and if he’s healthy, he may not be good. Similar thoughts apply to Teixeira and Jeter, both of whom are coming off major injuries and were on the decline even before the injuries.

Follow @rational_sports

8. CS Yankee says:

Hoping the rust gets knocked off of Jete & Teix along with a decent version of CC (mid-3′s fip).

This team, if healthy, should go far.

9. Jay D says:

Went from 5 to 6. The young arms looking promising is a good boost for the immediate future, with some hope added for the future. Obligatory TINSTAAPP

10. Chip Rodriguez says:

Sticking with my optimistic 8.

Nice to see Tex swinging (and sometimes even hitting) with no worrying comments on the wrist. Gazoo’s hitting nicely. McCann is quickly becoming one of my favorite Yankees.

And it’s good to see prospects like Shane Greene and Ramon Flores having good outings.

11. LarryM Fl says:

7. I believe the team is good enough on paper to keep us in the hunt. But I do not feel that confident with a playoff birth at this time.