2011 Record: 97-65 (855 RS, 657 RA, 102-60 pythag. record), won AL East, lost to Tigers in ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees are still trying to trade A.J. Burnett to free up some money. Four teams have interest, but they reportedly have a framework in place with the Pirates. They’re said to be willing to eat $10M of the $33M left on his deal but will not include Garrett Jones in a trade. The Yankees are pushing for a 50-50 split.
- Although they are reportedly in serious talks with Raul Ibanez about their DH job, the Yankees signed Russell Branyan to a minor league contract. Utility man Bill Hall was also signed to a minor league pact.
- Joba Chamberlain‘s rehab from Tommy John surgery continued as some other pitchers started throwing in Tampa. Manny Banuelos headlines the list of Spring Training invitees.
- Banuelos, Mason Williams, Gary Sanchez, and Dellin Betances all cracked Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list. The Yankees placed tenth in his organizational rankings.
- Yankee Stadium will host a second Roger Waters concert, a Madonna concert, and potential a soccer match this year. Stadium parking prices could spike in the future.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.