Fan Confidence Poll: March 19th, 2012By
Record Last Week: 3-4 (29 RS, 29 RA)
Spring Training Record: 8-9 (67 RS, 72 RA)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Pirates (Tues. on YES/MLBN), @ Rays (Weds. on ESPN), @ Red Sox (Thurs. on YES/ESPN), vs. Twins (Fri. on YES/MLBN, split squad), @ Phillies (Fri. on MLBN, split squad), @ Tigers (Sat.), vs. Tigers (Sun. on YES)
Top stories from last week:
- In the biggest and most surprised news in quite some time, Andy Pettitte came out of retirement to sign a minor league contract potentially worth $2.5M with no incentives. He will need 6-8 weeks to get in game shape before rejoining the rotation.
- Injury News: David Robertson threw a bullpen session yesterday, his first since suffering a bone bruise in his right foot two weeks ago. Derek Jeter will be out until Tuesday with a “tender” right calf. Ramiro Pena will miss a few days with a sore ankle. Both Nick Swisher and Russell Martin have missed a few days with sore groins. Freddy Garcia has a right hand contusion after getting hit by a comebacker. Robinson Cano is fine after getting hit by a pitch in the hand yesterday. Slade Heathcott won’t return from his latest shoulder surgery until May. Dan Burawa will miss quite a bit of time after suffering a torn oblique.
- The Yankees have to stay under the $189M luxury tax threshold in both 2014 and 2015 to qualify for 2016 revenue sharing rebates. They spent close to $3M on amateur international free agents last year.
- The Yankees are unlikely to look at the recently released Dontrelle Willis, and they also passed on a chance to sign Mike Gonzalez a few weeks ago.
- Manny Banuelos and Gary Sanchez headlined the first wave of roster cuts. David Phelps has been generating some Spring Training buzz. Bradley Suttle is not in camp because “injuries have taken their toll.”
- The Yankees ranked 15th in Kevin Goldstein’s organizational rankings.
- Brett Gardner won his second consecutive Fielding Bible Award in left field.
- There will be no expanded instant replay in 2012.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.