Spring Training Record: 3-2 (26 RS, 20 RA)
Spring Training Games This Week: vs. Nationals (Mon. on YES, MLBN), vs. Orioles (Tues. on YES, MLBN), @ Rays (Weds.), @ Phillies (Thurs. on MLBN), vs. Tigers (Fri.), @ Astros (Sat. on MLBN), vs. Rays (Sun. on YES)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees continue to look for infield and bullpen help, and they will reportedly monitor Rickie Weeks and Joel Hanrahan. Ryan Madson’s demands have been deemed excessive. Johan Santana barely cracked 80 mph during a workout for the team.
- Injury Updates: Mark Teixeira (wrist) and Alfonso Soriano (flu) are both expected to get into a game this week. Tyler Austin (wrist) received an injection and hopes to start working out this week. The MRIs on Jose Ramirez (back, oblique) came back clean but he will still be shut down for a few days.
- The Yankees ranked 23rd in Baseball Prospectus’ organizational rankings. New York signed 17-year-old Colombian righty Juan Escorcia.
- Mariano Rivera said there’s “no chance” he’ll pitch in the Panama games later this month.
- The new ban on home plate collisions has been officially announced.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.