Record Last Week: 3-4 (31 RS, 39 RA)
Season Record: 86-51 (710 RS, 560 RA, 83-54 expected record), 7.5 GB in ALE, +10.0 GU for WC spot
Schedule This Week: Three games at Athletics (Mon. to Weds.); Thursday OFF; Friday at Mariners (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The weeklong homestand started with three games against the White Sox. The Yankees were flat in Monday’s 6-2 loss, but they bounced back with a walk-off in Tuesday’s 5-4 win. Another flat game following in Wednesday’s 4-1 loss.
- The Tigers came to the Bronx next. Dellin Betances melted down in Thursday’s 8-7 loss, then the Yankees socked some timely homers in Friday’s 7-5 win and Saturday’s 2-1 win. A bad 11-7 loss Sunday ended a bad homestand.
- Injury Update: Aaron Judge (wrist) still hasn’t started swinging a bat. Aroldis Chapman (knee) is not guaranteed to return this season. Didi Gregorius (heel) is expected back later this week. Clint Frazier (post-concussion migraines) has started a minor league rehab assignment.
- Prior to the August 31st postseason eligibility deadline, the Yankees acquired Andrew McCutchen from the Giants for two prospects and Adeiny Hechavarria from the Pirates for cash. They also signed Quintin Berry.
- Gary Sanchez was activated off the disabled list and Luis Cessa, Tyler Wade, Stephen Tarpley, and Jonathan Loaisiga were called up after rosters expanded. Estevan Florial is among the prospect going to the Arizona Fall League.
- Aaron Boone served a one-game suspension yesterday for bumping an umpire.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.