Fangraphs/River Ave. Blues event + Yankees/Red Sox + beer = late and bullet-point DotF. Let’s hit up the highlights.
- While the Yankees downed the Red Sox last night, Scranton beat the PawSox 6-1. Jesus Montero went 1 for 3 with a solo home run, a walk and a strike out. Juan Miranda chipped in a three-run shot. David Phelps went 6.2 innings for the win, and he gave up no runs on 5 hits and struck out 6.
- Jenrry Mejia and the Binghamton Mets downed Trenton 5-1. Adam Warren struck out 8 in 5 innings but also gave up 5 runs — 4 earned — on 6 hits and a walk. No one did much of anything of note offensively.
- Tampa beat St. Lucie 6-4 as Dellin Betances improved to 7-1. He didn’t have his best command last night, allowing 3 runs on 3 hits and 3 walks in 5 innings of work, but he struck out 5 as well.
- Charleston played a pair yesterday against Savannah. They won the first game 7-0 as Sean Black through a seven-inning complete-game four-hitter. Slade Heathcott went 1 for 3 with a walk and a strike out. J.R. Murphy knocked in three with a triple. Savannah won the second game 4-1, and Heathcott went 0 for 2 with a pair of strike outs.
- Staten Island lost to Williamsport 11-9.
- The GCL Yanks dropped a 4-3 contest to the GCL Pirates. Cito Culver and Gary Sanchez went a combined 0-for-8 with 3 strike outs. The team made only three errors yesterday.