Record Last Week: 3-3 (20 RS, 28 RA)
Season Record: 70-65 (572 RS, 589 RA, 66-69 pythag. record), 3.5 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: @ Royals (three games, Mon. to Thurs.), Thurs. OFF, @ Orioles (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games in Kansas City. A comeback fell short in Monday’s 8-5 loss, though the Yankees survived a rain delay for a 5-4 win Tuesday. They then rallied from behind to win Wednesday’s game 5-4 in 13 innings.
- The Yankees headed to Baltimore following Thursday’s game, and they lost 8-0 on Friday. Another shutout loss, this one 2-0, following Saturday. The Yankees did rebound for a 5-2 win Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Chad Green (elbow) is done for the season with a ligament sprain and a flexor tendon strain. He’s going for a second opinion. Aaron Hicks (hamstring) may be done for the season with a Grade II strain. Didi Gregorius (arm) is day-to-day after being hit by a pitch. Mark Teixeira (neck) is day-to-day with soreness. James Kaprielian (elbow) is still on his throwing program and may go to the Arizona Fall League.
- The Yankees, who aggressively claimed players on trade waivers, sent Ben Gamel to the Mariners for two pitching prospects and acquired Eric Young Jr. for cash. They also received Tito Polo and Stephen Tarpley from the Pirates as the players to be named later in the Ivan Nova trade.
- Luis Severino, Rob Refsnyder, Nick Goody, Jonathan Holder, Kirby Yates, and Young were the team’s first round of September call-ups. Chasen Shreve was called up earlier in the week as well.
- The Yankees are sending Gleyber Torres, Miguel Andujar, Greg Bird, Tyler Wade, and Brody Koerner to the Arizona Fall League. They still have three pitching spots to fill.
- The Yankees had a scout at Tim Tebow’s workout last week.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.