Fan Confidence Poll: August 7th, 2009By
Record Last Week: 5-2 (42 RS, 38 RA)
Season Record: 87-50 (787 RS, 651 RA), 7.5 games up
Opponents This Week: vs. Tampa Bay (4 games), vs. Baltimore (3 games)
Top stories from last week:
- The month of August came to an almost perfect end, as Andy Pettitte flirted with history in the series opener in Baltimore. AJ Burnett wasn’t at his best the next day, but the offense bailed him out. CC Sabathia closed out the series in style, dominating the Orioles for another sweep.
- The winning continued into Toronto, as Jorge Posada powered the Yanks to their seventh straight win in the series opener. Roy Halladay one hitting them on Friday, but the Yanks rebounded behind Pettitte on Saturday. A bunch of little leaguers got blown out on Sunday.
- Mariano Rivera missed a good chunk of the week with a sore groin, but he’s back and feels good. Alex Rodriguez may not need a second hip surgery after the season at all, which is great news. The Yanks would like to bring Johnny Damon back for another year.
- In the non-news department, don’t expect Derek Jeter to sign a contract extension before his current deal is up. The Yanks did kick the tires on Mike Cameron and Brad Penny, though sometimes the best deals are the ones you don’t make.
- You know things are going really well in Yankeeland when George Steinbrenner offers up just a modest statement, even when he’s being sued.
- Postseason ticket prices and policies were set.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.