Sep

Fan Confidence Poll: August 7th, 2009

Record Last Week: 5-2 (42 RS, 38 RA)
Season Record: 87-50 (787 RS, 651 RA), 7.5 games up
Opponents This Week: vs. Tampa Bay (4 games), vs. Baltimore (3 games)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Mike Pop says:

Gotta go with 9, the Yanks are the best babay!

/Dick Vitale’d.

• The Artist says:

I have been since Spring Training. I don’t get why anyone would change their assessment of a team in the middle of April.

• Zack says:

I agree you cant change in the middle of April, but you cant have blind faith all year*

*i.e) Red Sox fans saying that DiceK won 18 games last year so when he returns next week he’s going to be that pitcher

• The Artist says:

No, but you also can’t be a yo-yo and want the manager fired because the team has the nerve to be 2 games over .500 on May 1st. If you assess the team critically in ST and understand it’s a long season, you should stick to your guns. Barring major injuries, of course.

• Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

Diasuke will be a big game pitcher in the NY/Penn league playoffs. You’ll see.

• Jake H says:

I’ve been no lower then an 8. That is what I started out at the beginning of the year. I went to a 9 when the SP straightened out and the BP got good.

2. Zack says:

It’s 9, and it’s been like that for awhile.

3. Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

“Well round here, between Normandie and Western, we call this here a little Tenny ten ten…”

4. The Artist says:

I know I’m getting WAYYYY ahead of things here, but the thought of a Yanks-Cards or Yanks-Phillies World Series is something I’m already getting excited about. ESPN did a piece today about Yanks-Cards.

BTW-No, I don’t believe in jinxes, or that anything I type on a messageboard will change anything.

5. The Artist says:

Anyone else think we should be more worried about the Tigers with Verlander-Jackson going than the awful Angels rotation or the broken down Sox starters?

I’m starting to come around to this line of thinking, myself.

6. Pasqua says:

I’m feeling like a 9 overall, but an 8 for the immediate future. Not crazy about the pitching matchups against Tampa. I always like CC, but with the way Burnett and Joba have been going — and throw in a Gaudin start — I’m hoping we don’t hit a bump in the road.

7. Dela G says:

I’ve been a ten since the 4 game sweep, and will def stay that way unless something ludicrous happens

8. Randy A. says:

Mike, good job making Rob Neyer taste metal. He must be one of the writers who still holds the NL equal to the AL

9. Johnnyboy says:

I heard that Gardner and Duncan were called up. Can anyone confirm this?