Record Last Week: 3-3 (32 RS, 29 RA)
Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games
Opponents This Week: Yanks will play winner of Tuesday’s Twins-Tigers game in the best-of-five ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- The final week of the season began the same way as so many other weeks: with a win. The Yanks C-squad knocked around former #1 overall pick Luke Hochevar on Monday. The Bombers came back with a walk-off win off old buddy Kyle Farnsworth on Tuesday, but Joba Chamberlain struggled again in the final home game of the regular season and the winning streak came to an end.
- The Yanks headed down to their home away from home for the final series of the year, but CC Sabathia got knocked around as he chased his 20th win. Andy Pettitte wasn’t sharp the next night, but A-Rod hit two homers and drove in seven runs in the 6th inning on Sunday to close the season with a W.
- We may not like it, but it appears that Jose Molina may actually get a start behind the plate in the postseason because of the relationship he has with AJ Burnett. We still don’t have an answer to the “who will be the fourth starter” question, and there’s the David Robertson-Brian Bruney conundrum as well.
- At least Joe Girardi is one of the best at managing the bullpen, so they have that going for them. He’s not a candidate for a contract extension yet, though.
- Manny Banuelos and Arodys Vizcaino ranked highly on the Low-A South Atlantic League and Short Season NY-Penn League Top 20 Prospects lists, respectively. The playing surface at Triple-A Scranton’s PNC Field is being replaced, so no more drainage problems.
- As if there was any doubt, the Yankees are still America’s team. They’ll also host a bowl game at the New Stadium in two years.
- RAB readers voted A-Rod 15th inning walk-off homer against Boston as their favorite moment of the second half. Also, friend of RAB Chad Jennings is taking over LoHud, so we’re in very capable hands.
- ALDS and ALCS tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. today. Hurry up and get yours.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.