Fan Confidence Poll: September 13th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 1-5 (20 RS, 29 RA)
Season Record: 87-56 (763 RS, 589 RA, 90-53 Pythag. record), 0.5 games up
Schedule This Week: @ Rays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Orioles (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Having just lost their first game in more than a week, the Yankees welcomed the last place Orioles to town on Monday. A late Brian Roberts hit gave the Yanks their second straight loss in the opener before they suffered their third in a row when CC Sabathia got smacked around the very next day. Nick Swisher thankfully stopped the bleeding on Wednesday with a walk-off two-run homer.
- The Yanks headed to Texas for a weekend series following an off day, but Nelson Cruz rudely welcomed them with a walk-off shot of his own in the first game. Another walk-off loss followed the next night, then the Rangers finished off the sweep behind Cliff Lee yesterday.
- Injury Zone: Unsurprisingly, Al Aceves and Damaso Marte are not expected to return this season. Jorge Posada missed a few days with concussion-like symptoms after a foul tip. Top prospect Jesus Montero had minor surgery to clean out an infection in his leg and will be held out of action for precautionary reasons for the foreseeable future. Andy Pettitte came through his first rehab start with flying colors, and is scheduled to make one more on Tuesday before rejoining the team.
- Phil Hughes had a start skipped in an effort to limit his workload.
- Colin Curtis was recalled early in the week since some outfielders were banged up, and Juan Miranda and Kevin Russo joined him over the weekend.
- The Yanks designated Wilkin DeLaRosa for assignment and claimed lefty Steve Garrison off waivers from the Padres.
- The Diamondbacks are targeting Yanks’ special assistant Kevin Towers for their general manager vacancy.
- The new parking lots around the New Stadium aren’t satisfying the locals.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.