Fan Confidence Poll: March 11th, 2013By
Spring Training Record: 4-11 (56 RS, 64 RA)
Spring Training Schedule This Week: vs. Cardinals (Mon. on YES/ESPN), @ Rays (Tues.), vs. Phillies (Weds. on YES), @ Blue Jays (Thurs.), vs. Marlins (Fri. on YES), vs. Phillies (Sat., split squad on YES), @ Braves (Sat., split squad on MLB.tv), @ Pirates (Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The day we all knew was eventually coming finally arrived: Mariano Rivera announced the 2013 season will be his last as a player. He said “the tank is almost empty. The little gas that I have left is everything for this year. After this year I am empty.”
- Both Rivera (knee) and Derek Jeter (ankle) returned to game action over the weekend following their season-ending surgeries. Everything went fine and both are on track to play again this week.
- Injury News: Mark Teixeira (wrist) will miss 8-10 weeks after hurting himself during batting practice with Team USA. Phil Hughes (back) has started throwing bullpen sessions. Boone Logan (elbow) was pain-free following his latest bullpen session. Clay Rapada (shoulder) has been shutdown for 7-10 days. David Robertson (shoulder) will return to game action “shortly.” David Aardsma (groin) has already resumed throwing bullpens. Slade Heathcott (thumb) has returned to game action. Adonis Garcia (wrist) will be out 6-8 weeks. Brian Cashman (leg and ankle) did some major damage to himself while skydiving to raise awareness for charity.
- In the wake of Teixeira’s injury, the Yankees are looking at first and third basemen and have inquired about the availability of Chase Headley. They will also give Ronnie Mustelier a look at third base in camp.
- The Yankees signed right-hander reliever Chris Bootcheck to a minor league contract.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)