Spring Training Record: 3-7 (45 RS, 47 RA)
Spring Training Schedule This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Braves (Tues. on YES), vs. Dominican Republic (Weds. on YES), @ Cardinals (Thurs.), @ Marlins (Fri.), vs. Braves (Sat. on YES) @ Blue Jays (Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Brian Cashman confirmed the Yankees have made a “significant offer” to Robinson Cano. A deal is not imminent and the two sides remain pretty far apart. It’s obvious the club would like to get this done before Cano hits free agency.
- Johnny Damon said he has “tons of interest” in returning to the Yankees following Curtis Granderson’s injury, but the team is not interested. They also don’t have interest in Vlad Guerrero. The Yankees do, however, have interest in Chien-Ming Wang and had “major interest” in Javy Vazquez before he blew out his knee, but they don’t have interest in Kyle Lohse.
- Injury News: Derek Jeter (ankle) has begun moving side-to-side during fielding drills. Phil Hughes (back) has resumed throwing, though he may not be ready in time for the start of the season. Kevin Youkilis (oblique) was shut down for a few days but has since returned to the lineup. Boone Logan (elbow) and Slade Heathcott (thumb) will but shut down for a few days even though MRIs came back clean. David Adams (back) has started swinging a bat and could soon begin more intense workouts.
- Gary Sanchez and Mason Williams both cracked Baseball Prospectus’ top 101 prospects list. Rafael DePaula and Abi Avelino were ranked among the top Dominican Summer League prospects by Baseball America. Dellin Betances will open the year as a starter with Triple-A Scranton.
- Joba Chamberlain still wants to be a starter. Melky Mesa withdrew from the World Baseball Classic because of the open left field job.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.