2013 Season: 85-77 (637 RS, 671 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), didn’t qualify for playoffs
Top stories from last week:
- Among the players the Yankees were rumored to have interest in last week were Stephen Drew, Paul Maholm, and Shin-Soo Choo. The team has been scouting righties Seung-Hwan Oh (Korea) and Ordisamer Despaigne (Cuba). Scott Boras was slated to talk to New York about Korean righty Suk-Min Yoon last week. Meanwhile, MLB and NPB are close to an agreement that will change the posting system.
- Injury News: Outfield prospect Tyler Austin was removed from the Arizona Fall League when the bone bruise in his right wrist flared up.
- Despite rumors that changes would be coming, amateur scouting director Damon Oppenheimer will remain with the team. Strength and conditioning coach Dana Cavalea was let go.
- Brett Gardner and David Robertson are projected to receive healthy raises during their final trips through arbitration.
- The Yankees are currently valued at close to $3.3 billion. Ticket prices for the 2014 season have been announced.
- Robinson Cano was named a finalist for the Gold Glove Award.
- Alex Rodriguez’s appeal hearing will continue November 18th.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.