Record Last Week: 2-4 (34 RS, 33 RA)
Season Record: 22-13 (201 RS, 148 RA, 22-13 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Royals (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a quick two-game series in Cincinnati. The winning streak hit six with Monday’s 10-4 win, though the Yankees fell to the Reds in Tuesday’s 5-3 loss.
- The Yankees returned home for a four-game series with the Astros after Wednesday’s off-day. Jacoby Ellsbury was thrown out at the plate to end Thursday’s 3-2 loss, then the offense got shut down in Friday’s 5-1 loss. Saturday’s game was rained out and made up as part of a doubleheader Sunday. The Yankees came back for an 11-6 win in the first game, but lost the second game 10-7.
- Injury Updates: Aroldis Chapman (shoulder) was placed on the disabled list with inflammation. He’ll be shut down two weeks, then reevaluated. Greg Bird (ankle) is still not pain-free. Tyler Austin (foot) could begin playing in minor league rehab games this week.
- Chad Green was called up to take Chapman’s roster spot. Rob Refsnyder was called up to be the 26th man for yesterday’s doubleheader. Gio Gallegos was called up earlier in the week.
- The Yankees had six players on Baseball America’s updated top 100 prospect list.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.