Record Last Week: 3-3 (32 RS, 29 RA)
Season Record: 25-16 (232 RS, 177 RA, 25-16 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Royals (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Athletics (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day before the Yankees headed to Kansas City. They used the long ball in Tuesday’s 7-1 win, then pounded MLB ERA leader Jason Vargas in Wednesday’s 11-7 win. The Yankees narrowly avoided getting shut out in Thursday’s 5-1 loss.
- A trip to Tampa was next, and the Yankees let a winnable game slip away in Friday’s 5-4 loss. Masahiro Tanaka got hammered again in Saturday’s 9-5 loss. The Yankees avoided the sweep with Sunday’s 3-2 win.
- Injury Updates: Greg Bird (ankle) started running and could begin hitting this week. Gary Sanchez (neck) missed one game with stiffness, but has since returned to the lineup. Tyler Austin (ankle) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Dillon Tate (shoulder) is getting “close.” Minor leaguers Ji-Man Choi (hamstring) and Daniel Camarena (shoulder) will miss a few weeks.
- Hal Steinbrenner said the Yankees will be “active” in free agency. The Yankees reportedly passed on Ian Happ, Eloy Jimenez, and Bradley Zimmer at last year’s trade deadline.
- Gleyber Torres was promoted to Triple-A Scranton yesterday.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.