Two quick notes:
- SS Thairo Estrada was supposed to join Triple-A Scranton yesterday to replace Gleyber Torres, but he is staying back in Tampa a little longer while he nurses with a groin issue, RailRiders manager Bobby Mitchell told DJ Eberle. It’s nothing serious and Estrada is expected to join Scranton later this week.
- LHP Ryan Bollinger will start for Triple-A Scranton tomorrow, according to Conor Foley. That is David Hale’s spot, but he was called up over the weekend. There’s been some speculation LHP Justus Sheffield could be promoted to take that spot, but alas. The Yankees signed Bollinger over the winter.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (9-0 win over Columbus)
- SS Tyler Wade: 0-4, 1 BB — including the big leagues, he’s now in an 0-for-22 slump
- 3B Abi Avelino: 0-5, 1 R, 2 K — only the second time in 17 games he’s failed to reach base
- DH Mike Ford: 3-5, 2 R, 1 RBI
- C Erik Kratz: 4-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 BB — The Kratzken
- LHP Josh Rogers: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 1 HB, 4/8 GB/FB — 56 of 85 pitches were strikes (66%) … 3.00 ERA and 27/3 K/BB in 17 innings … he was supposed to be the long man to start the season, he’s only in the rotation because Luis Cessa and Domingo German got called up