2014 Record: 84-78 (633 RS, 664 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), did not qualify for postseason
Top stories from last week:
- The 2014 Winter Meetings came and went with a bunch of rumors (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) but no transactions for the Yankees. Joe Girardi also held his annual Winter Meetings press conference and discussed a number of topics.
- The Yankees lost two key players to free agency last week. First, David Robertson took a four-year, $46M contract from the White Sox. Then Brandon McCarthy agreed to a four-year, $48M deal with the Dodgers.
- Brian Cashman shot down a report saying the Yankees were planning to hire Marcus Thames as their assistant hitting coach. He also said they are trying to re-sign both Slade Heathcott and Jose Campos to minor league contracts.
- The Yankees neither selected nor lost a player in the Rule 5 Draft. The team did sign infielder Nick Noonan to a minor league deal.
- Both David Phelps and Adam Warren will come to Spring Training as starters.
- Aaron Judge was ranked as the team’s top prospect by Baseball Prospectus.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?