Record Last Week: 5-2 (36 RS, 33 RA)
Season Record: 16-20 (137 RS, 159 RA, 15-21 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Diamondbacks (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Athletics (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with four games at home against the defending World Series champion Royals. The Yankees used the long ball in Monday’s 6-3 win, and they then won Tuesday’s game 10-7 even though Lorenzo Cain hit three home runs. Michael Pineda got rocked in Wednesday’s 7-3 loss, but New York was able to take the series with Thursday’s 7-3 win.
- The White Sox came to the Bronx next. The Yankees were roughed up in Friday’s 7-1 loss, but they rebounded with a 2-1 win Saturday. They clinched the series win with a 7-5 victory Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Luis Severino (triceps) was placed on the 15-day DL. CC Sabathia (groin) will rejoin the rotation Friday. Alex Rodriguez (hamstring) maybe be activated Thursday. Mark Teixeira (neck), Starlin Castro (oblique), and Jacoby Ellsbury (hip) have since returned to the lineup. Mason Williams (shoulder) is still rehabbing. James Kaprielian (elbow) is still shut down with inflammation. Domingo Acevedo (lower body) was placed on the DL. Tyler Cloyd (arm) is heading for surgery.
- The Yankees made a bunch of roster moves last week, including activating Aroldis Chapman from the restricted list. His suspension ended Monday. Johnny Barbato, Chad Green, Conor Mullee, Tyler Olson, and Gary Sanchez were all involved in up-and-down moves.
- Brian Cashman confirmed the Yankees are not exploring contract extensions for Pineda and Nathan Eovaldi. In a depth move, the Yankees acquired righty J.R. Graham from the Twins for cash or a player to be named later.
- Stephen Strasburg signed a seven-year, $175M extension with the Nationals, so the best pitcher scheduled to hit free agency after the season is no longer available.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.