Record Last Week: 2-4 (31 RS, 33 RA)
Season Record: 2-4 (31 RS, 33 RA, 3-3 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Orioles (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The 2015 season finally got underway on Monday. The Blue Jays were in town and they spoiled Opening Day with a 6-1 win. Following Tuesday’s off-day, the Yankees rallied late for a 4-3 win in the second game of the series, though they dropped the finale 6-3. (Yankeemetrics)
- The Red Sox came to town next and the series started with a marathon 19-inning game. Despite numerous comebacks, the Yankees lost 6-5. They played terribly in just about every phase of the game in Saturday’s 8-4 loss but rebounded with a blowout 14-4 win yesterday.
- Injury Update: Ty Hensley is out for the season following Tommy John surgery.
- Austin Romine cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A Scranton. Following the 19-inning game, Chasen Shreve was optioned to Triple-A for a fresh arm. Matt Tracy and Kyle Davies were called up on different days to help out. Ivan Nova was transferred to the 60-day DL to clear 40-man roster space.
- The Yankees have the 18th best farm system in baseball, according to Baseball America. Cuban star Yulieski Gourriel wants to play for New York but is unwilling to defect.
- The Yankees are looking for a veteran starter to stash in Triple-A for depth.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. you can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features pull-down menu the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?