Record Last Week: 2-3 (22 RS, 18 RA)
Season Record: 2-4 (25 RS, 25 RA, 3-3 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Rays (three games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Cardinals (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees picked up their first win of the season Tuesday. They beat the Rays 5-0. The Yankees dropped the rubber game 4-1 on Wednesday.
- The Yankees had another off-day Thursday before going to Baltimore for a three-game set. They blew a four-run lead in Friday’s 6-5 loss, then blew a three-run lead in Saturday’s 5-4 loss. The Yankees rallied late for a 7-3 win Sunday.
- Injury Update: Didi Gregorius (shoulder) has started his throwing program. Gary Sanchez (biceps) has been placed on the 10-day disabled list with a strain. Greg Bird (ankle) is day-to-day. James Kaprielian (elbow) will get a second opinion tomorrow. Dillon Tate (shoulder) is sidelined with some sort of issue.
- Kyle Higashioka was called up to replace Sanchez on the roster. Veteran catcher Eddy Rodriguez was brought back on a minor league contract.
- The Yankees opened the season with the third highest Opening Day payroll in baseball.
- Yankee Stadium has new seating and food options.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.