Fan Confidence Poll: October 26th, 2009By
Record Last Week: 2-2 (25 RS, 15 RA)
Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games
Opponent This Week: World Series Game One vs Phillies (Wednesday), Game Two (Thursday), Game Three @ Philadelphia (Saturday), Game Four @ Philadelphia (Sunday)
Top stories from last week:
- Already up 2-0 in the ALCS when the week started, the team headed to Anaheim feeling confident. The Yanks took the lead early, but ultimately dropped Game Three after some curious pitching changes by manager Joe Girardi. Many fans questioned Girardi’s bullpen antics after the loss.
- After suffering their first lost of the postseason the day before, everyone was wondering what happened to the vaunted Yankee offense. Well, any questions were answered when the Yanks blew the Angels out in Game Four, putting the Halos on the brink of elimination.
- Coming off their offensive explosion on Tuesday, the Yanks had a chance to clinch their first trip to the Fall Classic Thursday night. AJ Burnett put the team in a 4-0 hole before he even recorded an out, but the offense battled back only to have the bullpen blow the lead, and the game.
- After first being rained out on Saturday, Game Six went down last night, and the Yankees leaned on two veteran pitchers for their first pennant since 2003. Big bad CC Sabathia was a much deserving ALCS MVP.
- The Yanks were supposed to meet with Cuban southpaw Aroldis Chapman over the weekend, but the lengthy ALCS pushed that meeting back. They did meet with Japanese lefty Yusei Kikuchi however, but he’s staying in Japan.
- One club official said he’s “not absolutely positive we’re going to go for” Matt Holliday as a free agent after the season. Scott Boras started pumping up free agent to be Johnny Damon.
- Director of pro scouting Billy Eppler will be sticking around; he didn’t even get a chance to interview for the Padres’ GM opening.
- There are some cosmetic cracks in the ramps at the New Stadium, although there are no safety issues. If that’s not enough, the team is being sued over seat sales.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.