Feb

Fan Confidence Poll: February 8th, 2010

2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the new and improved Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

Categories : Polls

1. Stryker says:

don’t know what’s left to say at this point. so glad pitchers and catchers report on the 17th.

2. pete says:

I’m somewhere between a 9 and a 10. People will still decry the depleted farm system, but to me, “overall future” means how well does the MLB team figure to do over the next five or so years, not how strong is the current minor league crop. The yankees are no longer defined by a core of aging players, they are defined by a core of players ranging from 24-36 (plus Mo, who is technically going to be 40 soon in human years). I just don’t see this team falling very far in the next 5 years. I think Tampa will improve on account of its core collectively beginning to enter their primes, but I still think the Yanks will be a very strong, if perhaps not dominant, force in the AL East for the next 5 years, and that is without any major roster changes, which there almost certainly will be. Considering the strength of our roster at the MLB level and in the lower minors, plus the strength (both financial and intellectual) of our front office, I believe very strongly that the yankees will be a top 5 team in MLB every year for the next decade or so.

3. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

Everytime the Saints win the Super Bowl, the Yankees win the World Series.

4. Tom Zig says:

I’ve been a 10 since they won the World Series, and I was at a 9 before then. I think the lowest I voted was either 7 or 8.

5. Tom Zig says:

I can’t wait for the third revised PECOTA projections to have the Yanks at 150 wins.

6. steve s says:

I’m at a 9 but I’m starting to be concerned about all the recent and frequent tabloid notice Arod’s been getting. I know he’s always a target but he seems to be hopping around more than usual. Watching Manning fail to get Super Bowl ring No. 2 made me think about how hungry Arod will be this year after his spectacular 2009 post-season.

• Blaming A-Rod for the media’s obsession with him seems to me to be a strange reason for suffering a drop in confidence. Derek’s been in the tabloids too this year and for much of the last 15 seasons. Does that impact your confidence?

• steve s says:

You misread my concern. I’m not blaming Arod for the media’s obsession. I am concerned that he seems to be galavanting around more than usual without the positive stuff attributed to his relationship with Kate Hudson including apprently picking up with Guy Oseary and the Madonna crew which has not been a good combo in the past for him. I’d like to hear that he’s working out like crazy rather than sitting poolside. You are being naive if you think Arod simply picks up from where he left off last year. He needs to work harder than ever before to make sure his hip issue does not come back as a future problem.

• Mike HC says:

The same question of “hunger” can be said about all players, especially going for number two the year after. Cano? Swisher? Teix? CC? AJ? etc … the same question can be asked about all of them.

I think, I hope, it will be different for these guys, because there is no such thing as a grace period, or year off, for the New York Yankees.

As for the tabloid thing, I agree with Ben.

7. Ben says:

Who is the bum that voted 1?

8. Mike HC says:

As long as the Yanks resign Jeter, as Hank implied, its all good.

As for this years team, there is really very little not to like. 10 all the way.