Fan Confidence Poll: February 1st, 2010By
2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees acquired two outfielders this week, first trading a fringe prospect to the Rangers for the toolsy Greg Golson. The very next day, the Yanks signed Randy Winn to a one year deal worth $2M, which was reportedly all that was left in the budget. Perhaps the biggest move of all was the hiring of former Padres’ GM Kevin Towers, who will work alongside GM Brian Cashman.
- Johnny Damon Zone: Before signing Winn, the Yanks floated a $6M offer to Damon, but he didn’t bother to respond and Cashman called his bluff. Scott Boras claims to have some “creative proposals” for Johnny, so maybe he’s not entirely out of luck.
- Two possible (albeit unlikely) options in Xavier Nady and Ben Sheets signed elsewhere, and another more realistic option in Reed Johnson came off the board after they landed Winn. The hard budget means Chien-Ming Wang is likely to move on as well, especially if someone is willing to give him a Major League contract.
- Preliminary figures say the Yanks have $198M committed to 18 players for next season, and PECOTA pegs them for 93 wins.
- Jesus Montero appeared in several top 100 prospects lists, while the team’s farm system was ranked towards the back of the pack.
- Joba Chamberlain is showing up early to Spring Training.
- Start times for the 2010 season were announced.
- RAB readers raised $1,500 for Joe Torre’s Safe At Home Foundation.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the new and improved Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.