Record Last Week: 4-1 (29 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 4-2 (36 RS, 26 RA), 1.0 game back
Opponents This Week: Monday OFF, vs. Angels (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Rangers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following their opening night loss, the Yankees rebounded to beat Boston on Tuesday thanks to Nick Johnson‘s bases loaded walk. Curtis Granderson decided Wednesday’s rubber game with an extra innings homer off Jonathan Papelbon. An umpire had some harsh words for both teams after the series.
- The Yankees enjoyed a day off before heading to Tampa, though Javy Vazquez‘s return to pinstripes was rather ugly and the team took their second loss on Friday. CC Sabathia flirted with a no-hitter the next day, then A.J. Burnett and Jorge Posada teamed up to bring down the Rays on Sunday.
- Phil Hughes was strong in a simulated game as he awaits his first start of the season.
- The Yanks claimed outfielder Chad Huffman off waivers from the Padres.
- Chris Garcia suffered an injury in his first outing the year, and likely needs his second Tommy John surgery.
- The feds are digging into Alex Rodriguez’s finances regarding his relationship with Dr. Anthony Galea.
- Forbes says the Yankees are worth $1.6B, and they also have themselves a fancy new sponsorship as well.
- Part of Gate 2 was saved.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.