2011 Record: 97-65 (855 RS, 657 RA, 102-60 pythag. record), won AL East, lost to Tigers in ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- The trade and free agent markets are moving slowly, but C.J. Wilson and his agent asked to come visit the Yankees in New York. The Braves expressed interest in trading for Eduardo Nunez, and the Yankees have kicked the tires on Grady Sizemore.
- Eric Chavez’s agent let the Yankees know his client is interested in playing next season, and the team intends to follow-up on preliminary talks with Freddy Garcia. The Yankees did sign lefty Mike O’Connor to a minor league contract.
- MLB’s landscape is changing with new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Players will be subject to blood testing for human growth hormone, the Elias free agent rankings will be eliminated (Type-B’s will remain this offseason), there will be a hard cap for international signings, the Astros are moving to the AL, and a second wildcard team will be added to the playoffs.
- David Phelps, Corban Joseph, D.J. Mitchell, Zoilo Almonte, and David Adams were all added to the 40-man roster to avoid exposure in the Rule 5 Draft. The Yankees are still waiting for Rafael DePaula to secure a visa.
- Joe Girardi finished fifth in the AL Manager of the Year voting while CC Sabathia and Ivan Nova finished fourth in the AL Cy Young and Rookie of the Year voting.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.