Record Last Week: 5-2 (25 RS, 20 RA)
Season Record: 19-15 (166 RS, 149 RA, 19-15 pythag. record), 2.5 games back in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ Orioles (two games, Mon. to Tues.), @ Blue Jays (two games, Weds. to Thurs.), vs. Reds (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees had Monday off, then welcomed the Rays to the Bronx for a relatively important three-game set. Ivan Nova and Raul Ibanez guided the team to a series-opening win but David Robertson blew the save and took the loss the next night. CC Sabathia was dominant in Thursday’s win.
- The Mariners were next up, and Ibanez’s late blast led to a win over Felix Hernandez in the opener. He teamed with Phil Hughes for another win on Saturday, but the Yankees were unable to finish off the sweep in Andy Pettitte’s return to the rotation yesterday.
- Injury News: Brett Gardner re-aggravated his elbow strain and will miss anywhere from two weeks to a month. Mariano Rivera has a blot clot in his right calf but it will not impact his return from the torn ACL. Joba Chamberlain (ankle, elbow) is walking around with a brace but no boot. Mark Teixeira has inflamed airways but won’t miss any games. Slade Heathcott (shoulder) will play in his first game of the season on June 5th.
- Eric Chavez (whiplash, possible concussion) was activated off the DL while Eduardo Nunez was sent to Triple-A to play everyday and work on his defense. Cody Eppley went down to Triple-A to clear a roster spot for Pettitte.
- The Yankees claimed lefty Justin Thomas off waivers from the Red Sox to add depth. Brian Cashman says he isn’t talking to any players about contract extensions or actively pursuing trades for bullpen help.
- You’re now welcome to bring tablets and eReaders into Yankee Stadium.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.