Fan Confidence Poll: August 20th, 2012By
Record Last Week: 5-2 (31 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 72-49 (597 RS, 492 RA, 72-49 pythag. record), 5.0 games up in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ White Sox (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Indians (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week opened with four games at home against the Rangers. David Phelps and Derek Lowe combined to give New York a win on Monday, then Hiroki Kuroda tossed a two-hit, complete-game shutout on Tuesday. Freddy Garcia secured the third win of the series on Wednesday, but Ivan Nova and the bullpen were unable to finish off the sweep in the finale.
- The Red Sox came to town for three weekend games, and Jayson Nix got the big hit in Friday’s win. The Yankees couldn’t do much against Jon Lester in Saturday’s loss, but Kuroda dominated again in yesterday’s win.
- Injury News: CC Sabathia (elbow) felt fine after Saturday’s bullpen session and will thrown another one on Tuesday before potentially returning to the rotation on Friday. Alex Rodriguez (hand) and Andy Pettitte (leg) are healing well per the latest round of x-rays. Mark Teixeira (wrist) has missed a few games with lingering soreness. Robinson Cano (neck) missed two games but has since returned to the lineup. Pedro Feliciano (shoulder) made two more minor league rehab appearances.
- The Yankees officially signed Lowe on Monday and will use him strictly out of the bullpen. Right-hander Ryota Igarashi was outrighted to Triple-A, removing him from the 40-man roster.
- OF Slade Heathcott, IF David Adams, and C Austin Romine are all headed to the Arizona Fall League. RHP Danny Burawa (oblique, ribs) could join them if he gets healthy in time.
- The Yankees signed undrafted free agent outfielder Daniel Aldrich (at least $150k) as well as Nicaraguan left-handers Corby McCoy ($150k) and Luis Garcia ($50k).
- MLB will test out a new expanded replay system for fair-or-foul calls in Yankee Stadium and CitiField for the rest of the season. The results will not be made public, but if all goes well, the system could be officially implemented at all 30 parks next season.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.