Record Last Week: 4-3 (29 RS, 32 RA)
Season Record: 7-6 (49 RS, 54 RA, 6-7 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Cubs (two games, Tues. and Weds.), @ Rays (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees arrived in the Bronx for their first homestand of the season on Monday. They took the opener against the Orioles behind Hiroki Kuroda but were blown out in the second game. Masahiro Tanaka struck out ten in the finale, but New York lost anyway.
- The Red Sox came to town for a four-game series, and Michael Pineda dominated in the series-opening win. CC Sabathia’s one bad inning doomed the Yankees on Friday, but they rebounded for a win the next day thanks to five homers. The Yankees hung on for a close 3-2 win in yesterday’s finale.
- Injury Updates: David Robertson (groin) was placed on the 15-day DL with a Grade I strain. Mark Teixeira (hamstring) has a Grade I strain. Derek Jeter (quad) and Brian Roberts (back) are both day-to-day with soreness. Frankie Cervelli (hamstring) appears destined for the DL.
- Cesar Cabral was called up to replace Robertson. Austin Romine was initially called up to replace Teixeira, but eventually he was sent down in favor of Shane Greene. Eduardo Nunez was traded for minor league lefty Miguel Sulbaran.
- The Yankees will attend Joel Hanrahan’s workout this week, and they have interest in free agent Brian Omogrosso. The Brewers have a special assignment scout following the Yankees.
- Pineda will not be suspended for apparently using pine tar in Thursday’s game.
- MLB announced the Mariano Rivera AL Reliever of the Year award.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.