Record Last Week: 3-3 (24 RS, 21 RA)
Season Record: 91-60 (809 RS, 606 RA, 97-54 pythag. record), 4.5 games up in AL East, 6.5 up for wildcard
Opponents This Week: vs. Twins (one game, Mon.), vs. Rays (four games, Tues. to Thurs., two on Weds.), vs. Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The west coast trip continued in Seattle, a series that started with a big win over Felix Hernandez. Mariano Rivera got his 600th career save the next day, but Luis Rodriguez hit a walk-off homer in the series finale.
- After the final off day of the season, the Yankees went to Toronto. They lost the opener on Jose Molina’s walk-off hit, but won Saturday’s game with a big comeback. They got shutout by Sunday’s game.
- Injury News: Phil Hughes was pushed back a few days because of back spasms. Robinson Cano got hit by a pitch in the foot in Seattle, but x-rays were negative. Frankie Cervelli was officially placed on the DL with concussion symptoms. Pedro Feliciano underwent surgery on his rotator cuff and is unlikely to pitch next year.
- The Yankees are selling Short Season Staten Island, but are purchasing Triple-A Scranton. Staten Island won their league championship.
- CC Sabathia was named a finalist for the Roberto Clemente Award while David Robertson is up for the Marvin Miller Man of the Year Award.
- The Yankees signed 16-year-old Colombian catcher Alvaro Noriega for $175k.
- The preliminary 2012 schedule was released.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.