2011 Record: 97-65 (855 RS, 657 RA, 102-60 pythag. record), won AL East, lost to Tigers in ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees started the week with the best-of-five ALDS tied at one. They lost Game Three because CC Sabathia struggled and Rafael Soriano allowed a late homerun, but they rebounded to win Game Four in blowout fashion behind A.J. Burnett. The 2011 season came to an end when the Yankees blew a number of offensive opportunities in Game Five on Thursday.
- Injury News: Ivan Nova left his Game Five start with forearm tightness, and was later diagnosed with a Grade I flexor strain. He’s expected to be ready in time for Spring Training.
- Talks between the team and Brian Cashman about a new contract are going well, and a deal could be wrapped up by the end of the week.
- Bench guy Eric Chavez is “leaving heavily” towards retirement. Curtis Granderson is up for the 2011 Hank Aaron Award.
- Jesus Montero ranked among the best prospects in the Triple-A International League while the trio of Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, and Austin Romine did the same for the Double-A Eastern League. No Yankees farmhands made the High-A Florida State League list.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.