Record Last Week: 4-2 (44 RS, 33 RA)
Season Record: 9-6 (90 RS, 73 RA, 9-6 pythag. record), tied for AL East lead
Opponents This Week: @ Rangers (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Tigers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- A four-game series with the Twins opened the week, but they pounded Freddy Garcia and the offense couldn’t mount a comeback on Monday. CC Sabathia and Chris Stewart carried the Yankees to a win the next day, but Hiroki Kuroda got hit around in Wednesday’s loss. Curtis Granderson clubbed three homers in the series-ending win.
- The Yankees headed up to Fenway Park on Friday, and they spoiled the park’s 100th anniversary party with a 6-2 win while wearing 1912 throwback uniforms. Saturday’s game featured a huge nine-run comeback and 15 unanswered runs in a 15-9 win. Yesterday’s series finale was rained out.
- Injury News: Brett Gardner was placed on the DL with a bone bruise and a strain in his right elbow. Michael Pineda suffered a setback during his rehab and will have a dye-contrast MRI on his right shoulder today. Joba Chamberlain has resumed light workouts.
- Alex Rodriguez‘s homerun milestones apparently do not count towards the luxury tax. The Yankees do not plan to discuss a contract extension with Russell Martin during the season.
- Andy Pettitte went five innings in his latest minor league game and will start a Double-A game on Wednesday.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.