Fan Confidence Poll: May 21st, 2012By
Record Last Week: 2-5 (23 RS, 33 RA)
Season Record: 21-20 (189 RS, 182 RA, 21-20 pythag. record), 5.5 games back in AL East
Opponents This Week: vs. Royals (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Athletics (three games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week opened with a quick two games against the Orioles. Mark Teixeira‘s late homer allowed the Yankees to squeeze out a win on Monday, but the bats had no answer for Wei-Yin Chen the next day.
- After two in Baltimore it was time to head up to Toronto for two games against the Blue Jays. Hiroki Kuroda got bombed in the series opening loss and the Yankees couldn’t hit yet again in the next day’s loss.
- The first interleague series of the series brought the Reds to the Bronx, and Andy Pettitte was absolutely dominant in Friday’s win. A ninth inning rally fell short the next day, and CC Sabathia couldn’t hold a two-run lead in yesterday’s loss.
- Injury News: David Robertson was placed on the DL with a left oblique strain. Brett Gardner‘s elbow strain will be checked again this week and could resume baseball activities soon thereafter. Eduardo Nunez is going to miss a few days with a sore thumb. David Aardsma threw breaking balls for the first time since Tommy John surgery. Ivan Nova left Tuesday’s game with a right foot contusion and a sprained right ankle but did not miss a start.
- Two teams have interest in Frankie Cervelli but the club isn’t looking to move him. The Yankees are not in the mix for Roy Oswalt, but they did claim infielder Matt Antonelli off waivers from the Orioles.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.