Fan Confidence Poll: March 18th, 2013By
Spring Training Record: 9-14 (92 RS, 107 RA)
Spring Training Schedule This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Phillies (Tues. on ESPN), vs. Red Sox (Weds. on YES and ESPN), vs. Twins (Thurs. on YES), @ Twins (Fri.), @ Tigers (Sat.), vs. Rays (Sun. on YES)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees added two new outfielders last week: left-handed hitting Brennan Boesch (one-year, $1.5M plus incentives) and right-handed hitting Ben Francisco (minor league deal). Matt Diaz was released.
- Injury News: Mark Teixeira (wrist) has an injury to his tendon sheath and there’s a 70% chance he will not require season-ending surgery. Phil Hughes (back) threw live batting practice and will throw a simulated game on Monday. Boone Logan (elbow) threw a simulated game over the weekend and could appear in a game next week. Clay Rapada (shoulder) isn’t scheduled to appear in a game anytime soon and could miss the start of the season. Michael Pineda (shoulder) has resumed throwing sliders as he rehabs from shoulder surgery. Slade Heathcott (knee) is out indefinitely with patellar tendinitis. Ronnie Mustelier (contusions) is day-to-day after running into a camera well.
- Among the players the Yankees had interest in last week in the wake of the injuries: Derrek Lee, Scott Rolen, and Chipper Jones. Lee already told the team no and the other two are also very unlikely to happen. Carlos Lee’s agent contacted the team as well. The Yankees didn’t like what they saw out of Bobby Abreu in winter ball and they haven’t contacted Aubrey Huff.
- The Rangers have been scouting Joba Chamberlain, but there’s no indication a deal is imminent or even being discussed.
- Gary Sanchez topped Baseball Prospectus’ list of the top ten Yankees prospects.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.