Two quick injury notes:
- SS Thairo Estrada, who was placed on the disabled list yesterday, is out with a wrist issue, Triple-A Scranton manager Bobby Mitchell told DJ Eberle. So there you go. Tough year for Estrada so far. He’s had wrist and groin problems in addition to the whole getting shot thing.
- RHP Gio Gallegos was activated off the Triple-A Scranton disabled list, the team announced. He’d been out with groin and back trouble.
The Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders were rained out. They’re going to play a doubleheader tomorrow. Brandon Drury’s rehab was moved back here because Trenton is out on the road, so he lost out on a rehab game tonight. He’ll (probably) play two tomorrow instead.
Double-A Trenton Thunder (3-1 loss to Richmond, walk-off style)
- CF Rashad Crawford: 1-4, 1 K
- LF Trey Amburgey: 0-4, 2 K
- SS Abi Avelino: 2-4, 1 R, 1 SB — so I guess he’s not going back to Scranton even though Estrada’s hurt
- 2B Gosuke Katoh: 2-4, 2 K
- RF Jhalan Jackson: 0-2, 2 BB, 1 SB
- RHP Erik Swanson: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K, 1 Balk, 4/5 GB/FB — 75 of 104 pitches were strikes (72%) … 0.52 ERA and 44/11 K/BB in 29.2 innings so far this season … he’s been dominant all year