Fan Confidence Poll: May 31st, 2010By
Record Last Week: 4-2 (32 RS, 28 RA)
Season Record: 30-20 (278 RS, 209 RA, 32-18 Pythag. record), 3.5 games back
Schedule This Week: vs. Indians (one game, Mon.), vs. Orioles (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Monday’s off day was a nice break following last week’s struggles, but the first game against the Twins was suspended in the 5th inning due to rain. Derek Jeter gave the Yanks all the offense they’d need when the game resumed the next day, then Nick Swisher and Andy Pettitte teamed up for a win in the nightcap. The Yanks dropped the third game thanks to another poor Javy Vazquez start.
- With a much needed series win to their credit, the Yanks returned home to take on the last place Indians. Curtis Granderson returned to the lineup in the first game and help sparked an offensive explosion, though an epic bullpen meltdown grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory on Saturday. A.J. Burnett delivered an ace-like performance and Mark Teixeira hit a huge late inning homer for a come from behind win yesterday.
- Injury Zone: David Robertson is day-to-day after leaving Saturday’s game with a minor back strain. Vazquez’s bullpen session went well following his finger injury, and he was able to make his scheduled start on Thursday. Al Aceves though he was making progress with his back injury, but he suffered a setback. Jorge Posada could return as soon as this Friday.
- After some debate, Randy Winn was designated for assignment to make room on the roster for Granderson. Shane Lindsay was designated for assignment and Boone Logan was optioned to the minors to make room on the 40-man and 25-man rosters, respectively, for Chad Gaudin, who was brought back.
- It’s not yet June, but we’re starting to hear some trade rumblings. The Yankees will apparently look for a versatile outfielder and a reliever, though they don’t have interest in Roy Oswalt.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.