Record Last Week: 3-2-0 (18 RS, 18 RA)
Spring Training Record: 13-14-3 (109 RS, 124 RA)
Spring Training Schedule This Week: vs. Rays (Mon. on YES), vs. Tigers (Tues. on YES/ESPN), Weds. OFF
Regular Season Schedule This Week: vs. Tigers (Thurs.), Friday OFF, vs. Tigers (Sat. & Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- After a winter of question marks, the Yankees finally announced their rotation plans. Ivan Nova and Freddy Garcia will be the fourth and fifth starters while Bartolo Colon will serve as the long man.
- Sergio Mitre was traded to the Brewers for outfielder Chris Dickerson while Kevin Millwood was signed to a minor league deal for insurance. Thankfully, rumors about interest in Oliver Perez were shot down, and the Yankees also have no interest in Carlos Silva.
- Injury Zone: Curtis Granderson is out with an oblique strain and is 50-50 for Opening Day. Eric Chavez returned after missing some time with a minor calf issue, and Damaso Marte will begin throwing soon. Pedro Feliciano might start the season on the disabled list due to a triceps issue.
- Phil Hughes’ velocity is reportedly down, but neither the team nor Hughes is concerned. He did, however, reintroduce a slider to his repertoire.
- Gustavo Molina might actually make the team as the backup catcher. The Yankees claimed left-hander Jose Ortegano off waivers from the Braves while the Astros returned Rule 5 Draft pick Lance Pendleton.
- The Yankees are worth $1.7 billion, 86% more than any other team in baseball. Derek Jeter’s jersey was the best selling jersey in 2010.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.