2011 Record: 97-65 (855 RS, 657 RA, 102-60 pythag. record), won AL East, lost to Tigers in ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- After a week’s worth of rumors, the Yankees agreed to trade A.J. Burnett to the Pirates for $13M in salary relief and minor leaguers Diego Moreno and Exicardo Cayones. The deal became official yesterday.
- Johnny Damon was off the table, so the Yankees agreed to sign Raul Ibanez for $1.1M to serve as their left-handed DH. He still has to pass his physical.
- Pitchers and catchers reported to Spring Training yesterday, and the position players will follow on Friday. Brian Cashman met with reporters after arriving in Tampa, and said his divorce and stalker won’t interfere with his job, among other things.
- Both Frankie Cervelli (concussion) and Alex Rodriguez (knee) are 100% heading into Spring Training. Joba Chamberlain will get on a full mound as part of his Tommy John surgery rehab for the first time next week.
- Hideki Okajima failed his physical and will not be in camp. The Yankees signed Clay Rapada to a minor league deal to replenish their left-handed relief depth. The Athletics surprisingly signed Yoenis Cespedes, and the Yankees have “serious interest” in Jorge Soler.
- Manny Banuelos, Gary Sanchez, Dellin Betances, and Mason Williams all cracked Kevin Goldstein’s Top 101 Prospects List. Banuelos topped my Preseason Top 30 Prospects List. Rafael DePaula still doesn’t have a visa.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.