Record Last Week: 3-3 (13 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 85-77 (637 RS, 671 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), didn’t qualify for playoffs
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees welcomed the Rays to the Bronx for a three-game series. Tampa took the opener amid a bobblehead fiasco. The Yankees were officially eliminated from postseason contention with Wednesday’s loss, then Mariano Rivera made his emotional final appearance in the series finale.
- The Yankees closed the season with three games in Houston. They held on for a win in the opener against the Astros, then Andy Pettitte tossed a complete-game in his final career start for a win on Saturday. The Bombers finished off the sweep yesterday.
- Injury Updates: CC Sabathia (hamstring) suffered a Grade II strain and was shut down for the season. Rivera (arm) revealed he was pitching with “tremendous soreness” down the stretch. Alex Rodriguez (hamstring, calf) did not play the last few games. Travis Hafner (shoulder) was activated off the DL.
- Robinson Cano is reportedly seeking a ten-year, $305M contract this winter. The Yankees offered seven years and $161M. The Dodgers are not expected to pursue Cano this winter. Hiroki Kuroda is still undecided about 2014 and may simply retire.
- The Yankees landed six players on Baseball America’s list of the top 20 prospects in the Rookie Level Gulf Coast League.
- Brian Cashman confirmed the Yankees would like to re-sign pitching coach Larry Rothschild.
- Cuban slugger Jose Abreu has been declared a free agent and is eligible to sign.
- The Yankees are considering playing an exhibition game in Panama.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.