There is still no firm date for LHP Justus Sheffield to come off the disabled list, but he did throw a bullpen session today according to Conor Foley, so that’s good. Sheffield won’t start Saturday as had been originally reportedly. He’s expected to start sometime early next week. Everything seems to be a-okay with the shoulder though.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (5-4 win over Lehigh Valley in eleven innings, walk-off style)
- CF-SS Tyler Wade: 3-6, 1 RBI, 1 K — here’s video of his walk-off bunt … first multi-hit game since May 7th and his first three-hit game of the year at any level
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-5, 1 R
- DH Adam Lind: 1-4, 1 RBI
- 1B Mike Ford: 1-5, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K — back-to-back games with a homer and three homers in his last five games, so he’s starting to find the power stroke after leading the system with 20 homers last year
- LHP Josh Rogers: 7 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 1 HB, 6/9 GB/FB — 71 of 94 pitches were strikes (76%) … 2.98 ERA and 45/11 K/BB in 48.1 innings … rebuilding some prospect stock after missing the second half with elbow trouble last season
- RHP Brady Lail: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K — 17 of 29 pitches were strikes (59%), though the walk was intentional … 1.71 ERA and 24/14 K/BB in 21 innings this season, his first as a full-time reliever … I’m guessing we’ll see him in the Bronx at some point this year, maybe as a Caleb Smith-esque emergency call-up