A couple notes to get us started:
- IF Ronald Torreyes has rejoined Triple-A Scranton after a few tune-up games with High-A Tampa. “It’s good to have him back, and everything’s good at home, he said, so that’s important. His wife’s fine,” said RailRiders manager Bobby Mitchell to Conor Foley. Glad Mrs. Toe is okay.
- With Gio Gallegos traded, OF Antonio Cabello has slid into MLB.com’s top 30 Yankees prospects. “He’s advanced in terms of his patience, plate discipline and ability to make repeated contact. He offers promising power potential as well thanks to his bat speed and strength,” says the write-up.
- RHP Deivi Garcia ranked fourth in this week’s Prospect Hot Sheet. “(He’s) taken some of the biggest steps forward in the Yankees’ system this year. The righthander pairs a low-90s fastball with a power, downer curveball,” says the write-up.
- RHP Ben Heller threw today for the first time since having Tommy John surgery in April, according to his Twitter feed. He’s still got a very, very long rehab road ahead of him, obviously, but good news. He’s making progress.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Game One (4-3 win over Rochester) completion of their June 24th game, which was suspended due to rain after the top of the fourth
- SS Tyler Wade: 1-1, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 BB — he played in the original game
- 1B Tyler Austin: 1-2, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI — homered in the original game and he did play today, but he was pulled from the game as the Lance Lynn trade went down
- PH-SS Abi Avelino: 0-2, 1 K
- DH Brandon Drury: 0-2, 1 K — played in the original game
- PH-DH Mike Ford: 0-1, 1 BB
- CF Billy McKinney: 0-1, 1 BB — also played in the original game … lots of names here I didn’t expect to ever see in DotF again!
- 3B-SS-2B Ronald Torreyes: 0-3, 1 BB
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-1, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 BB — another guy who played in the original game
- RHP Chance Adams: 3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 1 HR, 4/1 GB/FB — 26 of 40 pitches were strikes (65%) … started the original game
- LHP James Reeves: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GB/FB — 23 of 42 pitches were strikes (55%) … just up from Trenton to help cover for all the recent trades
- RHP Tommy Kahnle: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K — one pitch, one strike … gave up a hit on his only pitch and OF Zack Zehner threw the tying run out at the plate to end the game