- OF Jake Cave has been activated off the Triple-A Scranton disabled list and sent down to Double-A Trenton, according to Shane Hennigan. He had arthroscopic knee surgery over the winter. Cave hit .261/.323/.401 (106 wRC+) with the RailRiders last year, but there’s simply no room for him at that level right now.
- RHP J.P. Feyereisen was activated off the disabled list and RHP Colten Brewer was added to the Double-A Trenton roster, according to Matt Kardos. Feyereisen missed two weeks with a shoulder issue. Brewer was sent from High-A Tampa to Extended Spring Training yesterday, which seemed weird. Turns out it was only a paper move.
- The Yankees have released LHP Evan Rutckyj and RHP Kyle Haynes, reports Kardos. These moves clear roster spots for Feyereisen and Brewer. I’m sure Rutckyj will hook on somewhere else quickly seeing how he’s left-handed and breathing. Haynes came over from the Pirates in the Chris Stewart trade a few years back.
- RHP Ronald Herrera will be activated off the Double-A disabled list tomorrow, according to Kardos. He’s been out since Spring Training with a shoulder issue. Also, in addition to 3B Miguel Andujar working out at first base, SS Thairo Estrada will see time in the outfield, Trenton manager Bobby Mitchell told Kardos.
Triple-A Scranton (8-5 loss to Indianapolis) prevented the system sweep … lame!
- 3B Tyler Wade: 1-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 SS — Shane Hennigan says Wade made a great diving stop … this is his first game of the season at the hot corner … he only had two games and 7.2 career innings at the position prior to today
- CF Dustin Fowler: 2-5, 1 RBI, 1 E (throwing) — 15-for-44 (.341) with five walks and seven strikeouts in his last eleven games, so he’s shaken off the slow start nicely
- RF Clint Frazier: 1-5, 1 RBI, 1 K
- 1B Rob Refsnyder: 1-4, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Brady Lail: 7 IP, 12 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 9/8 GB/FB — 67 of 95 pitches were strikes (71%) … has a 5.10 ERA in 151.2 career innings at Triple-A and a 3.00 ERA in 354.1 career innings at all other levels