Record Last Week: 2-4 (18 RS, 18 RA)
Season Record: 38-31 (378 RS, 342 RA), 4.0 GB
Opponents This Week: @ Atlanta (3 games), @ NY Mets (3 games)
Top stories from last week:
- As it turns out, the best day of last week was pretty much Monday’s off day. Robinson Cano powered the Yankees to a win with his best game of the season on Tuesday, but Chien-Ming Wang struggled again in a loss on Wednesday. After a brutally long rain delay, the Yanks barely put up a fight in losing to the Nationals on Thursday. It’s not exactly the end of the world, but losing two of three at home to the worst team in baseball is inexcusable as it gets.
- It looked like the Nats’ series was a thing of the past when the team took game one of it’s series in Miami, but a buzzsaw named Josh Johnson shut the Yanks down on Saturday. The week ended on the downest of down notes, as CC Sabathia had to leave Sunday’s game with biceps tendinitis before a late rally fell short.
- The bullpen has been lights out of late, but the problem is that the starters haven’t pitched well and the bats aren’t doing much of anything. It would be nice to get all three rolling at once.
- With the calendar closing in on July, we’re starting to hear more and more trade rumors. The Yanks won’t be shopping Nick Swisher or Xavier Nady around, and after watching Pedro Martinez’s workout, the Yanks aren’t interested in signing him. Hideki Matsui even drew some interest from a Japanese club, but he shot that down quickly. Other than that, it’s pretty quiet.
- Jose Veras was designated for assignment when Brian Bruney came off the DL. Damaso Marte’s shoulder was given the stamp of approval by Dr. James Andrew, and he’ll continue his rehab in Tampa.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.