2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees surprisingly signed veteran righty Chan Ho Park to a one year, $1.2M deal. He’ll work out of the bullpen.
- Pitchers and catchers officially reported to Tampa on Wednesday, so CC Sabathia, Phil Hughes, and Joba Chamberlain were able to get some throwing in. However, the Yanks are going to take it easy on their pitchers after such heavy workloads last season. Joba’s also at risk of the Verducci Effect. Spring performance will help make some decisions, but don’t read too much into the stats.
- The Yanks invited five more players to camp, including Dustin Moseley as a non-roster player. Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre are the two players on the team who are out of options.
- Two ex-Yankees landed with other teams: Chien-Ming Wang signed with the Nationals, and Johnny Damon (finally) signed with Detroit.
- Demolition of the Old Yankee Stadium continues, while a college baseball tournament will take place at Steinbrenner Field in Tampa.
- The stupid internet story of the week was about the Yankees possibly being complacent after last season.
- RAB turned three years old.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the new and improved Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.