Record Last Week: 6-1 (46 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 86-51 (743 RS, 560 RA, 87-50 Pythag. record), 2.5 games up
Schedule This Week: vs. Orioles (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Rangers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started off with a four game visit from the Athletics, and the Yankees carried over last week’s winning streak by pounding Oakland in the opener. They routed the A’s again the next night, then won again on Wednesday thanks to Mark Teixeira. CC Sabathia closed out the series in style on Thursday, holding the A’s to one hit over eight innings of work.
- The Yanks announced that Javy Vazquez would replace Dustin Moseley in the rotation before they kicked off their series with the Blue Jays. Brett Gardner and Curtis Granderson ran wild in the first game for a win, then a late inning Marcus Thames homer on Saturday clinched the series win. The eight game winning streak came to an end yesterday when the Jays touched up Phil Hughes for three homers.
- Injury Zone: Nick Swisher left Thursday’s game with a stiff left knee and has been out of the starting lineup since. Andy Pettitte is on track to make a rehab start on Wednesday, but Damaso Marte isn’t so lucky. He may need surgery on his injured shoulder. Al Aceves had to be scratched from a rehab outing to have his back looked at by doctors. Alex Rodriguez returned from the disabled list yesterday.
- The Yanks called up Jon Albaladejo, Greg Golson, and Chad Moeller on September 1st. They also claimed Ted Lilly off waivers from the Dodgers, but he was pulled back and no trade was made.
- Scouting director Damon Oppenheimer is a candidate for the Diamondbacks’ general manager opening.
- The Yanks are in talks to move their High-A affiliate from Tampa to Orlando. In other divorce news, A-Rod fired Scott Boras.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)