Sep

Fan Confidence Poll: September 6th, 2010

Record Last Week: 6-1 (46 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 86-51 (743 RS, 560 RA, 87-50 Pythag. record), 2.5 games up
Schedule This Week: vs. Orioles (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Rangers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

Categories : Polls

1. Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

I really wanted to vote 5 because only 4 of the 8 levels will (or should) make the playoffs. How are they ever going to compete with the BrainTrust that is the Red Sox?

Seriously though, could you ask for a better season than the Yankee minor league system has had? With the exceptions of injuries to Carmen Angelini and Christian Garcia, the system, as a whole, has performed great.
    I’m sure the Yankees are looking at a sure fire #23 ranking by Baseball America and Keith Law, right behind the #2 Red Sox and their now reloaded, unstoppable, avalanchian type minor league juggernaut.

2. Jake H says:

8 is what I voted for. Farm system would get a 10 on it’s own. Huge season for the farm.

3. Eight. Would be lying if I said the rotation didn’t give me at least a bit of unease.

4. Steve H says:

Still an 8. I have been 8 for a long time but the farm is close to bumping me back to 9. I was (and remain) concerned with the development of pitchers at the major league level (Hughes has helped there but still can’t figure out how his changeup won him the 5th starter spot).

5. yankthemike says:

I’ve been on 8 for a few weeks. up to 9 . obvious reasons.

6. bonestock94 says:

Dropped down to 7 when things were ugly before the winning streak…back to 8 now though. Don’t know how this 3-man rotation deal will work this time around though. It could easily be disastrous.

7. poster on another computer who happens to be a deuce bag says:

I’m at a 9, just because ten is only for when we win the WS.

As long as Andy comes back healthy and pitching well, I’m not too worried about the starting rotation to be honest.

8. turko says:

How can one respond to this poll when “future” isn’t defined in the question? Does future mean for the next 3 years, the next 5 years, from the 2012 to the 2015 seasons, or any other defined period of time?

I am concerned that the burden of Alex Rodriguez’s salary over the next 7 years, and Jeter’s over the next xx years, along with significant declines in performance due to normal aging and injuries, may not bode well for the Yankees future.

9. Beamish says:

Still an 8. I just hope they are completely healthy going into October.

10. Bob Stone says:

I’m still voting 9 . . . . I have been a 9 all season although at times I would have voted 9.5 if it was a choice). I’m betting that Pettitte will come back strong, Ivan Nova will perform well and that AJ has a couple of good to great games left in his arm this season with help from Dave Eiland.

I am not concerned about the offense except to wish that it wasn’t quite as streaky and that we could get everyone healthy and hot at the same time.

I predicted 105-110 wins at the beginning of this season and the Yankees have been tracking between 100 to 102 for the last month or so.

Looks like 105 wins might be tough at this point unless the team goes on a tear.