Fan Confidence Poll: February 27th, 2012By
Spring Training Schedule This Week: vs. University of South Florida (Fri.), @ Phillies (Sat. on MLBN), vs. Phillies (Sun. on YES/MLBN)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees filled out the roster this week, re-signing Eric Chavez to a one-year, $900k deal. They also added a midseason bullpen option by signing David Aardsma for one year and $500k. The Raul Ibanez signed became official as well. The Yankees maintain interest in various left-handers, just not Damaso Marte or Scott Kazmir.
- Mariano Rivera told reporters that he knows what he’ll do after the season, hinting at retirement. He’s not going to tell anyone his plans however.
- Injury News: Joba Chamberlain threw his final half-mound session and will get up on a full mound for the first time as part of his Tommy John surgery rehab on Tuesday. Austin Romine will miss a few days after an MRI revealed inflammation in his back. George Kontos tweaked his oblique and has been on the shelf the last few days. Tim Norton is reportedly throwing bullpen sessions.
- The Yankees and Russell Martin reportedly discussed a three-year contract earlier this offseason, then rekindled talks this week. Brian Cashman has since confirmed that there will be no more talks until after the season.
- Chris Dickerson cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A, so he is still with the organization but is no longer on the 40-man roster. The Yankees signed Robinson Cano‘s cousin, Burt Reynolds.
- Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Gary Sanchez, and Mason Williams all made Baseball America’s Top 100 Prospects List. The Yankees will have $4,192,200 to spend on the first ten rounds of the draft.
- Lou Piniella officially joined the YES Network as a special contributor.
- RAB turned five.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.